Our Customer of the Month for August is Hong-Kong-based Tai Wah Sea and Land Heavy Transportation Limited. The privately owned specialist heavy cargo transporter has been operating across sea and land, in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Mainland China for over 60 years.
In addition to its growing fleet of customised low loaders, Tai Wah Sea and Land Heavy Transportation Limited owns and operates a fleet of heavy haulage trucks, trailers and rigging equipment that is used for a wide variety of industries.
Big hitters in international heavy haulage
Some examples of the heavy haulage work that Tai Wah Sea and Land Heavy Transportation regularly performs includes:
- Rail – delivery and turning of railway, light rail and subway carriages
- Energy – transporting 255 tonne transformers, oil tanks and turbines
- Construction – moving 24m long bridge sections, crawler cranes, 200 tonne tunnel boring machines and 385 tonne pre-cast concrete forms
- Salvage – salvaging shipping containers, ferries, barges, oil derricks
- Special Projects – such as offloading and transporting of helicopter shipments, installation of gantry cranes
Custom solutions for specialist tasks
Featuring a super low deck height, vertical post hydraulic gooseneck and rated to a 100 tonne payload, the customised Swing Wing was specifically built to transport a 92 tonne Sennebogen 6130E Crawler Crane, with an operating weight of 123 tonne and a lifting capacity of 130 tonne.
The Swing Wing has left our Brisbane manufacturing facility and is currently en-route to Hong Kong.
Genuine world class quality
Our repeat orders from Tai Wah Sea and Land Heavy Transportation show that specialised custom design, precision engineering and highest quality fabrication are features that are valued by heavy haulage experts the world over.
The Drake Group now provides the largest range of Australian-made heavy haulage transport trailers in the market. If you’re looking for a reliable, robust and versatile trailer for your transport business, contact us today.