Drake Trailers and O’Phee Trailers are now onsite together sharing a fully equipped manufacturing facility that is currently running at full production.
The move to single location will see both brands keep their own identity and give the Drake Group the capability to provide a genuine one-stop shop for all trailer and specialist transport engineering requirements, including maintenance and repair services and spare parts distribution. The shared staff and expertise at the combined facility is also growing its engineering services team that offers load analysis, PBS solutions, swept path analysis services and more.
Drake Trailers acquired fellow Queensland-based manufacturer O’Phee Trailers in 2015, in a move to strengthen and diversify its product range. The two family-owned companies share a number of attributes that made the acquisition a logical decision for both parties:
- Long-established local businesses (O’Phee has been operating in Brisbane for over 40 years, Drake Trailers for 58 years)
- Both located in the southern manufacturing hub of Brisbane
- Producing different but complementary range of trailers
- Strong commitment to quality, local supply and manufacturing processes
- Both proudly Australian owned and made
All staff associated with the O’Phee business, including Mick and Sharon O’Phee have now relocated to the Drake Group manufacturing facility at Wacol, where a second trailer paint booth is currently under construction to meet production requirements for the expanded range of trailers.
Continuing to provide the best of both brands
Both brands are supported nationwide through our service provider network and the Drake Trailers branch in Western Australia. While Drake and O’Phee Trailers will continue to produce their own range – the Drake Group will initially be placing an emphasis on the ever-popular O’Phee BoXLoader product, increasing the stock of completed units available for sale.
The BoXLoader multi loader trailer is specifically designed for fast, efficient container loading and can safely lift a loaded container (up to 35 tonne) further away from the trailer than any of its competitors. Other features of the BoXLoader that are making it a popular choice include:
- Faster ‘unpack and pack up’ than other models
- Superior chassis design – Australian made
- Double stacking capability – without shortening the lifting chains
- Superior safety design, incorporating in-build CANBUS system and 2 x remote control units with emergency stop.
- Double extension stabiliser legs
As well as the BoXLoader, O’Phee will continue to produce its full range of trailers including Drop Deck, Skeletal, Walk It Out, Convertibles, Flat Tops, LPS and Special Builds and the Curtain Slida.
It’s also business as usual for the Drake Trailers production line, with every trailer in the range being manufactured in the same way it always has, including the full range of customisation options.