It’s been almost a year since Drake Trailers unveiled the industry’s first 50-foot extendable, widening tilt slide trailer and in that time, we have continued to push the boundaries of what the new breed of trailers can provide to the transport industry.
Founded in 1958, the family owned business first made its mark with the invention of the 4X8 Swingwing Widening Lowloader in 1969 and versions of this original design remain a popular choice across the country due to its unique hydraulic widening system. But as the downturn in the resources industry continues we are looking at new ways to make their products more versatile and adaptable to a wider range of industries, which is how the Tilt Slide trailer made it to market.
Embracing the ‘Safety First’ culture, Drake Trailers was quick to adapt to tilting decks, which have the advantage of being safer and more efficient for operators. If there was a way to combine the benefits of a tilt trailer with maximum width and the versatility of variable length – without compromising strength or operator safety, one trailer would be able to perform a greater variety of work.
High tensile Quench and Tempered Steel
Using exclusively Australian, Japanese and Swedish high tensile quench and tempered steel, we have managed to create the steel strength necessary to withstand up to 40 tonnes on a trailer that can extend in length to over 20 meters and increase in width to 3.2 metres. Each Tilt Slide trailer is fully customisable. The new design caters for long and extended oversize loads, standard drop deck loads, indivisible loads, recovery work, and general heavy haulage equipment.
Standard features of the Tilt Slide include
- 25 to 40 Tonne Capacity
- Extendable to over 20 meters
- Australian designed, owned and made
- Versatile transport solution
- Self loading to reduce crane costs
- Ideal recover trailer solution
- A safer loading option
- PTO operation/optional power pack
- Lockable toolboxes are fitted as standard
- Rope rails supplied to top deck
- Multiple Reinforced tie down points across the deck
- Radio remote control winches and hydraulics
- 3 way container pins supplied as standard
- Semi-concealed water tank under top deck